Saturday, February 03, 2007

SO, at the beginning of January I wasn´t all that serious about everything. Well, I have since joined a gym down here in Honduras, and let me tell you - my trainer (free of charge, it´s included in the $25-month membership) is working my ass off. I go to the gym 5 days a week, do at least an hour of cardio each time, and on top of that, we usually do weights/abs/etc. I´m generally at the gym for 2 hours at a time. Today, I was there for an hour and just did cardio and felt like a slacker.

As for the diet part, I haven´t been all that concerned with it - partly because its hard to get super healthy things down here, and partly because what you can get is generally out of my price rang on my $300/month salary. I can afford the gym, but not all the good healthy stuff too. I dont eat badly though, and have been eating more corn tortillas than flour, since they´re way healthier. I have almost completely cut out the fried pasteles and the regular coke. When I want soda, I buy Coca light, which is more expensive, because you have to get it in a plastic bottle and not in a glass bottle, but it´s still cheaper than it is in the States. I joined the gym about 3 weeks ago I think, and he didn´t weigh me and start my computer model stuff until this past week, but my weight was 4 pounds down from Xmas and he did my body fat with a hand held thing that doesn´t seem all that accurate, but I´ll go with it. It said a high number. haha. He´s going to redo it every 2 weeks.

Regardless, I have been getting compliments that I am slimming down, which is cool. I can tell a little with how my clothes fit me differently. I´m definitely gaining muscle which is a good thing. The trainer is a little gung ho and I had to tell him that I was comfortable doing an hour and a half of cardio 5 days a week to burn 1000 calories each time. Does that seem a little high to anyone else?Anyway, there´s my update. Things are going well. MY life now consists of teaching, tutoring, gym. And I have some friends too. But, I dont mind. There are a lot of cute guys at the gym. And a lot of cute girls who don´t really do very much while they are there. In the meantime, I´m sweating like crazy. Oh well.

No comments: